My Blog List

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Metaphor Ideas

My memory is the the transition of my athletic life from little league to high school. I was a good player in little league on up but I wasn't recognized by the coaches and was not given a fair shot to show my skill. I set a goal to prove myself to them and got my shot in high school. I ran track in my sophmore to senior years of  high school and shortly after my coaches realized what they held back. I went to regionals for my my USATF team and earned many medals. I also graduated in the top 10% of my class. The metaphor is "a goal set is a triumph seized".
Proposal one: I will have one broken little league football trophy encircled by different school awards and sports awards to show that even though this fell through it made me stronger.

Memeory 2 is of the regional track season in high school and I hurt my hamstring on my second jump for long jump. That day my high school career was cut short. I alway saw the Olympics when it was on when I was younger and aspired to be on the level of which the athletes are on.
The metaphor that came to me was "Success is always fun until the cord is snapped".

Proposal 2: When you think of track you think of college or the Olympics on T.V. I am going to bust a T.V. screen and cut the power cord. This will show a connection to T.V. and sports.

Proposal 3: I am going to take the power cord of a T.V. and a DVD player and place them next to a track spike with the laces cut.

4 comments:

  1. I like proposal 2 but i dont think of sports on tv when i think of track so to better show off your idea i think you should put track related object inside the busted tv screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like proposal 1, it does get the idea of rising above the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #1 because of the upbeat outlook to something very sad. It's a motivating idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't understand why you would bust the screen of the television at all... or really, how the viewer is supposed to relate the television to "success" (which is what it would be doing) at all... and beyond that, your metaphor isn't about television, it's about you and your goals. maybe you should consider having something to represent yourself on one end, and your goal (olympic track star) represented on the other, and then show a severed cord between the two. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete