My Blog List

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Modular Madness: CDs Galore









Material
1. The form of my overall piece and object CDs go hand in hand. I took careful consideration of how I should do this and it turned out well in my eyes.
2. The piece is object spacific because the CDs tell a different story than spoons or thumbtacks. 
3. Well the difficulties are that CDs are meant to be flat and to get them to bend and twist the way I wanted wasn't always successful.
4. I learned that my piece has a metaphorical meaning and portraits a portion of my life that my people know about me. It also has emotion and something living about it.


Process/Ambitiousness
1. I used well over 200 CDs just to complete my latest piece. It took a shorter time than most but required tedious attention and a lot of thought.
2. I was going to hang my CDs in a trail at first but the later felt that it would be to cliche and boring to do so as far as how I was going to do so. I then consulted with myself and looked at other ways people used their objects to their advantages. Many of them even stepped by and say what they liked about it and I worked from not only listening to my object but also hearing others personal opinions as well as my own.
3. The final piece was very ambitious because it is an much livelier idea to use. The piece seems to be like a living thing.

Craftsmanship
1. The way it is made helps the project because every part of the project was done so the it would add to the beauty of the structure.

Form
1. The dominant forms in my piece are line, point, shape, texture, and space. Each part accentuates the next as well as causes the mind to think why did he do such a thing. Why didn't he do this?
2. The dominating principles are rhythm, repetition, unity, and similarity/ difference both visibly and implied in my work. The rhythm and repetition both accent the sides of the CDs but also separates arcs from line and rings. Unity shows how even though they are different in so many ways the rings lines and arcs all can join together. The similarity of the fact I used CDs is that the way I used them to make each other appeal to the next.

Concept
1.Yes it does relate because we all know what CDs are used for but when we listen to music we don't truly listen. Many people just listen for the fact they like the words or the beat but the fail to see how the fluidity of  sound creates the atmosphere or point the band is trying to send in their message.
2. It relates music to it fluid like properties and show the viewer a different view on modern music.

Presentation
1. I chose my spot because it would be the best place to compliment my piece.
2. The space me the object seem to be alive and is bigger than it truly is.
3.The surrounding elements make viewing the piece  safe and simple but also very cautious.
4The piece responds to its surroundings and takes advantage of the space.

Final Critic
Now that Modular Madness is over I learned a lot about how  I should work while I think instead of just sitting there and thinking. I was suggested to play music if it inspired me to make the piece and I should how the area around the piece helps make the piece work. Thank you all for your great critic it has truly help me figure out things about what my style of doing things is.

No comments:

Post a Comment